Saturday, June 28, 2008

Two Pocket Card Tutorial

This is my first tutorial so please be patient and feel free to comment or e-mail me with any questions you may have! I want to apologize for the way less than professional pics, it was late at night when I did these. Here it goes......

Supplies needed:
12 x 12 piece of DSP
Scissors
Sticky Strip
Paper trimmer
Start with a piece of double-sided DSP (designer series paper from SU) and make sure it is trimmed to 8 1/2 x 11. Pick the dominant side - or the side you want the most showing- and have that side face up.
Now fold the DSP in half vertically and then re-open.

Now fold the DSP in half horizontally and the re-open again.
Now with the dominant design facing you, take your best pair of scissors, I used my paper snips from SU, and cut on the horizontal crease on the left side of the paper all the way to the center. Your DSP should now look like mine in the above picture.
Now fold down the top left corner about 2 & 3/4 inches - this is very forgiving though and doesn't have to be exact. I never actually measure, I just eyeball it!
Now fold the bottom right corner up to meet the inside vertical crease.
Now you will take the bottom left side and fold it underneath the bottom right side.

Next, fold the bottom left side corner up to meet the bottom right as shown in the picture above, it will not meet up exactly and will be about 1/8 in. short but that is okay. On the top left panel, apply sticky strip from the folded corner edge to the bottom of the top left panel edge.
Now fold the top left panel over top of the right top panel like so. At this time apply the sticky strip along the left side of the top panel and the short side of the bottom panel.
Fold the bottom piece up to the top piece like so and make sure the sticky strip has adhered to the sides.
Now you can make the inserts. I have made several in different sizes. You can play with these measurements , just remember they must stay under 3 3/4 x 4 1/2 for the top pocket and 2 3/4 x 31/4 for the bottom pocket. When embellishing the inserts it is important to remember anything that is too raised will get stck or damaged when the insert is pulled out and put back in. Be very careful using brads as well.

Now add some coordinating ribbon and embellish the outside of the card. And then you are ready to go!! If mailing these cards realize that it may take a little more postage.
Leave me a comment and let me know if this tutorial was helpful and if there is any other tutorials you would like me to do!
Until later....I'm off to my Rubba Room!!!!
**~**Dawn**~**

1 comments:

Trish said...

Awesome job! Gorgeous card! :) You ROCK!!!